Amazon Echo (Alexa) integration #
This example will show how to integrate Amazon Echo (alexa) voice assistant into LogicMachine to be able to control your installation.
With LogicMachine Skills for Alexa, you can now speak to your KNX, BACnet, ModBus, EnOcean, DALI and other protocol installations.
All voice control objects are universal, non-protocol dependent and are assigned by LogicMachine device.
Most common languages are supported.
Make sure you have the latest LogicMachine firmware installed latest software on LogicMachine
Make sure LogicMachine has Internet access (correct IP, gateway DNS is set up in System config -> Network -> Interfaces )
Create a LogicMachine cloud account. This can be done here: https://remote.logicmachine.net/
On your LogicMachine main screen click on Admin icon and enter your admin password
- Go to app store by pressing + icon
- Select Alexa and install
Login with your LogicMachine cloud account (created in 3.step)
Create a network and copy the connection string.
- On LM main screen Open LogicMachine Cloud app, enable connection, paste the string and save.
- On LM main screen click on Amazon app
- Add device which need to be controlled via voice
- Switch to device list and press Sync cloud button
In case of successful syncing, the time and date of the button will be updated.
Please note! After each change done on LogicMachine (adding/removing/editing devices) you should:
- click Sync cloud button
- Discover devices from Amazon Alexa interface via voice command
Install alexa app https://alexa.amazon.com/
Create amazon account and log in
Set up your account